Saturday, August 22, 2009

Interesting...

Tonight I went to a music festival and got to see a few different local bands, which was fun. Then, I got to see the Cold War Kids perform, which was super fun. Also, I ran into two of my old Jr. Highers from youth ministry who are now Juniors in college. But, here is my new experience of the night:

I was holding my friend Juliet's four-year-old daughter, Eva, who has short blonde hair.

Man behind me, to Eva: "You have the same haircut as your mommy!"
Me, apparently too quietly: "Oh, she's not my daughter."
Man, to me: "She looks just like you!!"

Now, this is interesting for two reasons. One, obviously Eva is not my daughter, so it's funny that we resemble one another enough to have someone say she looks just like me. I know who to borrow if I need a fake daughter. But secondly, and weirder for me, I apparently look old enough to have a four-year-old. Which I mean, I am. And I know that, but I don't think I've ever been mistaken for a mom before. I usually have people think I am younger than I am, so it was weird to have someone assume I am a mom. And a little disconcerting...I am nowhere near having kids right now. Kind of puts the pressure on.

But, Eva is adorable, so I am going to go with the compliment that she looks like me and stick with that. :)

1 comment: