Saturday, April 5, 2008

Think Blue

I went to my first Dodger game of the season on Wednesday. It was actually a bust in many accounts-there was a rain delay, so we left early since I had Open House the next day. And then they lost. :( BUT, I love-love-love-love-love walking into Dodger Stadium. 

I love seeing a sea of people in Blue shirts and hats. Everyone seems to be in a good mood-you're at the baseball game! I love the vendors selling overpriced food. I love booing the Giants. I love hearing Vin Scully announce anything. He could be telling us about the dangers of global warming and I would still feel nostalgia for my childhood listening to his voice. I love sitting near the ghetto Dodger fans who yell stuff and have their LA blankets and such. I always end up high-fiving them after a great play. I love choosing which cartoon truck will win the race on the jumbotron and cheering for it as though it were not a pre-determined outcome. And if I win, I love to look victoriously at my friends as though I have outsmarted them. (I'm sure they enjoy that as well.) On the occasions that the Dodgers win, I adore singing "I love LA.....WE LOVE IT!" on the way out of the Stadium (even the weird part about a "big nasty redhead at my side").

And as of late, I love Russell Martin. He's my new boyfriend. So, if anyone would like to introduce me to him, that would be great.

2 comments:

  1. Russell Martin is spoken for...sorry. It's Justin's dream...his hero marries his mother...think of the movie that would make. We've already written him a letter declaring our love and sent photos. He didn't reply yet, but I keep waiting for his call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew Vin Scully's name. The only Dodger name I know is Tommy Lasorda.

    ReplyDelete