Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fruits & Vegetables

The fact that avocado, a vegetable, has fat in it is like a cruel joke. Because, of course, it is my favorite vegetable. It is also one of the most expensive items in the produce department. I can eat avocados the way some people eat chocolate. Or drink wine. Or breathe.


One time when my ex-boyfriend and I were out to dinner he pushed his plate over to mine and began to scoop the tomatoes, (my second favorite, after avocado) off of his salad and onto mine. I looked up, confused. "You don't like tomatoes?" We had been going out for several months, and I had a brief thought that this could be the end of things for us. I can't date a tomato-hater. He responded, "I do, but you like them more than me." This may have been the high point of our entire relationship, I think. 

1 comment:

  1. When I checked your blog last week I was sadly disappointed since I'm not the least bit interested in what your class homework is for the day. Hooray for writing about your real life!

    Also noted the ex-boyfriend reference. Lots of time has passed, hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete