Do you ever have something in your life that deeply fascinates you, for no good reason. Like you want to tell people about it, except they would think you were crazy for wasting their time with it?
That's what blogs are for.
I have developed a deep appreciation for my own night time routine. I have read that a routine is good because it helps let your body know you are ready for sleep. That might be part of it, but I think I am just rather proud of myself for consistently sticking with it. I haven't missed a night since...St. Patrick's Day, I believe. And that was an unfortunate incident with mixing alcohol. But other than that, tipsy or tired, I have stuck to my routine. And I never used to be that way. If I was too tired, I skipped it. When I lived in the dorms, sometimes going down the hall to the bathroom was just too much effort. If I came home past midnight, it probably wasn't happening. But, I am a new woman. And I must say, my skin has never looked better. My calves aren't half bad either (see routine below).
Just to complete my incredibly self-indulgent post, here is my nighttime routine:
1. Brush teeth (I try to do 50 calf raises while I do this, although that does not happen every night)
4. Wash face
5. Take off eye makeup (when I do this first, I inevitably can't get it all off and then have to do it again. Blerg.)
6. Put on night cream (which is actually an anti-acne one, so it's kind of drying, thus making step 7 absolutely necessary...)
7. Put on eye cream (Which I researched, and any rich moisturizer is fine, so you don't have to waste money on it. I use Clinique Moisture Surge, which came in my gift with purchase at some point. I like it.)
8. Put on lip balm (Khiels is the best lip balm ever. I want to marry it.)
9. On a good night, I put lotion on my feet after I get into bed and turn out the light. This one doesn't happen every night either.
If you are still reading, you must be bored. My apologies. But you knew going in that this was ridiculous.